Wed August 22, 2012, 5:19 pm
Civic & Community Affairs:
- Daughter's of the British Empire, 3rd Vice President, 2012-2014
- Raleigh Garden Club, Web Site volunteer, 2012-2014
- Chair, UNC-TV presents: North Carolina's World War II Experience, 2006 to present
- Web site manager for The Woman's Club of Raleigh, 2005 to 2012
- Certified Cecchetti Ballet teacher, Raleigh, - present
- Past member of the Board of Trustees, University of North Carolina Center for Public Television, Advocacy, Advancement & Health Wise Committees, 2000-2010
- Director of Meningococcal Meningitis NC statewide awareness campaign, 2006
- Chairperson and Master of Ceremonies for North Carolina Governor Easley’s 2005 Inauguration
- Chairperson of The General Federation of Women’s Clubs in North Carolina, First Lady Mary Easley’s Immunization Initiative Partnership
- Past President of the North Carolina State Art Society at the North Carolina Museum of Art. 2005-2007, member since 2000
- YWCA - Academy of Women Award - for Hispanic & Immunization outreach, and Community Service, 2009
- General Federation of Women's Clubs of North Carolina - Woman of Achievement Award, 2008
- GFWC North Carolina Public Relations Award, 2007
- Juanita Bryant Citizenship Award, 2007
- Joyce Daughtry White Community Service Award,2007
- GFWC North Carolina Media Communications Award, 2005, 2006
- GFWC North Carolina Immunization Award, 2005
- WCR Awards Committee Special Media Project Award, 2004
- The NC Department of Health and Human Services, State Immunization Award 2003
- The NC International Affairs Community Improvement Award, 2003
- GFWC-NC District 6, Citizenship award for 2003
- The Joyce Daughtry White Community Service Award, 2002
- The Mary Lee McMillan Humanitarian Award, 2001
- University of North Carolina Center for Public Television annual fundraisers
- Daughter’s of the British Empire in NC
- Woman’s Club of Raleigh & General Federation of Women’s Clubs in NC
- Raleigh’s Annual International Festival
- U.S. Naturalization Ceremony
- William F. Enloe High School
- Capital Area Soccer League
- Governor Michael F. Easley’s Election Committee
- Raleigh Garden Club
- Raleigh’s City Ballet
- University Theater at North Carolina State University
- Member of North Raleigh United Methodist Church.
Past President and Vice President of school PTA, Regent and Vice President of the Daughter's of the British Empire.
- 1973 – The Arts Educational College, London, United Kingdom.
- 1968 - 1972 - Balaires Academy, Surrey, United Kingdom.
- 1966 - 1968 - The Royal Ballet School, White Lodge, London, United Kingdom.